The BEST flash you can buy !

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Some trucking shows worth seeing again

 


When I started driving there wasn't any shows about trucking but you could always find a country western channel on radio, [that's about all you could find], that would almost always play a trucking song like "Truck Driven Man" or' 6 days on the road'. and then came the C/B, and C. W. McCall made us all famous with "CONVOY" and "Wolf Creek Pass" then some trucking shows like "Moven on" and "BJ and the bear", finally I guess, "Smoky and the Bandit" topped them off.

A lot of those channels played some very funny comedians also, like Jerry Clower, "The mouth of Mississippi" talking about "coon hunting," "A new Bull" and of coarse, "Marcels Talking Chain Saw".

By the way, one night I was west bound on I-20 and this truck started passing me, which didn't happen often, and when he got up beside me I noticed the name on his door, liked to fell out of the truck !

It was the very truck that was in the show "BJ and the Bear".  I got the driver to pull over, and after a short visit, found out that when they stopped the show they auctioned off the 3 trucks that they used and this guy bought 1 and leased it on with "BULLIT" freight out of Texas, I thought it was kind of neat.

Have fun checking these out, Dutch

                                                                 


live chicken hauler

No comments:

Post a Comment